Our Work to reduce maternal deaths and improve young women’s well being falls under 3 main interventions. Each intervention has many activities.
1. Implement a Safe Motherhood Program.
2. Provide a Medical Retrieval Service for all medical emergencies.
3. Engage in Public Health awareness to educate community, especially men, around reproductive health
1. Provide a mother’s incentive gift to encourage a supervised delivery.
2. Provide staff training in management of obstetric emergencies
3. Provide FP training in implant insertion and supply implants
4. Build waiting houses for ‘long distance’ mothers.
5. Install solar lights into labour rooms
6. Address period poverty with Dobo Dilly packs for girls.
7. Install HF radios in health centres.
8. Support ANC clinics in remote health centres.
9. Delivery vaccines and medicines to remote health centres
10. Maintain a 24/7 alarm centre for obstetric and general medical emergencies
11. Re-open airstrips that are in close proximity to health centres.
12. Operate a FREE Medical Retrieval service and Flying Doctor service for the Milne Bay community.